Project 1 Research
Phase 2: Research with new, primary data collection
- We will enroll 900 children from 30 communities with high (N = 15) and low (N = 15) rates of overweight children.
- We will collect new data from enrolled children and parents.
- We will complete direct observation in these communities of the land use, food, physical activity, and social environments (example community map at FIGURE and example observation points in FIGURE).
- We will collect saliva samples for epigenetic measurements.
- Data collection is ongoing from July 2013 to December 2014.