Saeideh Fallah-Fini, PhD
Collaborator, Systems Science Core
Assistant Professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department
California State and Polytechnic University, Pomona
Dr. Saeideh Fallah-Fini is an assistant professor in the Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering department at Cal Poly Pomona. She also holds adjunct assistant professor positions in the Department of International Health and Department of Health, Behavior & Society at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Fallah-Fini’s research mainly focuses on modeling dynamics of socio-technical systems with applications in public health (obesity) and civil infrastructure systems. In this capacity, she has developed an innovative method in system dynamics to connect micro-level dynamics associated with body weight of individuals with macro-level population distribution along the Body Mass Index (BMI) attribute. This method efficiently characterizes the distribution of BMI without explicitly modeling all the individuals in the population. She has applied this method for modeling the distribution of BMI of US adult population and its shifts over the past four decades as well as estimating the energy imbalance gap that can explain such shift in distribution of BMI.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Triantis, K., Rahmandad, H., de la Garza, J.M., 2015, Measuring Dynamics Efficiency of Highway Maintenance Operations, Omega, 50: 18-28.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Rahmandad, H., Huang, T., Bures, R., Glass, T., 2014, Modeling U.S. Adult Obesity Trends: A System Dynamics Model for Estimating Energy Imbalance Gap, American Journal of Public Health, Special issue on Using Systems Science in Obesity Research,104 (7): 1230-1239.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Triantis, K., Johnson, A.L., 2014, Non-parametric Dynamic Efficiency Measurement: State-of-the-Art, Journal of Productivity Analysis, 41(1): 51-67.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Rahmandad, H., Chen, H.J., Xue, H., Wang, Y., 2013, Connecting Micro Dynamics and Population Distributions in System Dynamics Models, System Dynamics Review, 29 (4): 197-215.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Triantis, K., de la Garza, J.M., Seaver, W., 2012, Measuring the Efficiency of Highway Maintenance Contracting Strategies: A Bootstrapped Non-parametric Meta-frontier Approach, European Journal of Operational Research, 219 (1): 134-145.