Youfa Wang, MD, PhD, MS
Project Lead, China Project
Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Environmental Health, School of Public Health and Health Professions
Joint Appointments: School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Ball State University; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Youfa Wang, MD, PhD, MS, is a professor of Nutrition and Health Science at Ball State University. At present, he is an Adjunct Professor at Johns Hopkins and Peking University. His research interests include childhood obesity, health disparities, global health, systems models, and 'BigData'.
He has served on numerous national and international expert/review panels and leadership positions, including over 20 NIH grant review committees. He was the Chair of American Society for Nutrition Nutritional Epidemiology Section. He is the President of North America Chinese Society for Nutrition and Secretary/Treasurer of The Obesity Society Pediatric Obesity Section and will become Chair elect in fall 2015.
- Wang Y. Epidemiology of Childhood Obesity--Methodological Aspects and Guidelines: What’s New? International Journal of Obesity 2004;28(3):S21-8.
- Wang Y, Lobstein T. Worldwide Trends in Childhood Obesity. International Journal of Pediatric Obesity 2006;1:11-25.
- Wang Y, Wu Y, Wilson RF, Bleich S, Cheskin L, Weston C, Showell N, Fawole O, Lau B, Segal J. Childhood Obesity Prevention Programs: Comparative Effectiveness Review and Meta-Analysis [Internet, it is a 835-page report, funded by the AHRQ]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ, US); 2013 Jun.
- Wang Y, Xue, H, Liu SY. Applications of Systems Science in Biomedical Research Regarding Obesity and Non-communicable Chronic Diseases --Opportunities, Promise and Challenges. Advances in Nutrition, 2015, 6(1), 88-95.
- Lobstein T, Jackson-Leach R, Moodie ML, Hall KD, Gortmaker SL, Swinburn BA, James WPT, Wang Y, and McPherson K. Child and adolescent obesity: part of a bigger picture. The Lancet. Lancet 2015 Feb 18. pii: S0140-6736(14)61746-3.
For a full list of publications, please see here.