Lindsey Asti, MPH
Research Associate, Global Obesity Prevention Center (GOPC)
Research Associate, Department of International Health
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Lindsey is a Research Associate at the Global Obesity Prevention Center (GOPC) having joined in 2015. Her research is currently focused on building economic and operational models for healthcare-associated infections, neglected tropical diseases and other infections. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in 2007, Master in Public Health in epidemiology from The Ohio State University (OSU) in 2009 and is currently working on her doctorate in epidemiology at OSU.
Prior to joining the GOPC, Lindsey worked as a Research Associate in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and then for several years as a Senior Research Associate at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in the Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice. At both hospitals, she worked as an epidemiologist on large databases, surveys and hospital data for a variety of conditions and diseases.
- Bartsch SM, Hotez PJ, Asti L, Bottazzi ME, Diemert DJ, Umscheid CA, Lee BY. The global economic and health burden of human hookworm infection. PloS NTD. 2016;10(9):e0004922.
- Mahida JB, Asti L, Boss EF, Shah RK, Deans KJ, Minneci PC, Jatana KR. Tracheostomy placement in children younger than 2 years: 30-day outcomes using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Pediatric. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016;142(3):241-246.
- Bridge JA, Asti L, Horowitz LM, Greenhouse J, Fontanella CA, Sheftall AH, Kelleher KJ, Campo JV. Suicide trends among elementary school-aged children in the United States, 1993-2012. JAMA Pediatr. 2015;169(7):673-677.
- Asti L, Schneider-Magers J, Keels E, Wispe J, McClead Jr. RE. A quality improvement project to reduce length of stay for neonatal abstinence syndrome. Pediatrics. 2015;135(6):e1494-e1500.
- Asti L, Canan BD, Heaney C, Ashida S, Renick K, Xiang H, Stallones L, Jepsen SD, Crawford JM, Wilkins III JR. Compliance with the North American Guidelines for Children’s Agricultural Tasks (NAGCAT): Work practice recommendations for youth working with large animals. J Agromedicine. 2011;16(3):174-193.