Please use this page to find available full and part-time staff positions as well as student opportunities.
Current Staff Positions
There are no current staff positions available at this time. Please check back to stay updated.
The GOPC offers continuous opportunities for students in fields related to obesity prevention and control (e.g., food systems and physical activity), systems modeling, infectious disease and more.
The areas of opportunities range from:
- Data collection and analysis
- Conceptual modeling
- Literature reviews
- Manuscript drafting
- Intervention implementation
- Transcription of in-depth interviews
- Social media support
- Event planning for policy stakeholder meetings
For further information, please inquire here.
External Student Opportunity
The Diabetes Networking Tool (DNT) is a mobile health (mHealth) application that enhances Type II diabetes (T2D) patients’ ability to self-manage and avoid disease complications by bolstering and augmenting family, household and community-based support mechanisms. T2D is a serious and growing public health problem that requires substantial self-management outside clinical settings. Existing technologies to support diabetes self-care have paid relatively little attention to the individual’s social environment, particularly family and household members who are typically closely involved in the patient’s food acquisition, preparation and consumption activities. This app is targeted for T2D patients living in Southwest Baltimore.
The Research Assistant will:
- Recruit potential users of the app through the Southwest Baltimore community (including consenting and enrolling participants into the study)
- Follow-up with participants collecting qualitative information on use of the app to be analyzed and communicated to the app-development team about user-problems
- Assist with IRB related work, preparing material and facilitating community session on diabetes within Southwest Baltimore, and possible contributions to paper writing and/or data analysis
Applicants should send a CV to Pamela Surkan.