Recent Sample Publications
- Lee, B.Y., Bartsch, S.M., Mui, Y., Haidari, L.A., Spiker, M.L., Gittelsohn, J. (2017) A Systems Approach to Obesity. Nutrition Reviews: (suppl 1): 94-106.
- Fallah-Fini, S., Adam, A., Cheskin, L. J., Bartsch, S. M. and Lee, B.Y. (2017) The Additional Costs and Health Effects of a Patient Having Overweight or Obesity: A Computational Model. Obesity, 25: 1809–1815. doi:10.1002/oby.21965.
- Powell-Wiley, T. M., Wong, M. S., Adu-Brimpong, J., Brown, S. T., Hertenstein, D.L., Zenkov, E., Ferguson, M.C., Thomas, S., Sampson, D., Ahuja, C., Rivers, J. Lee, B. Y. (2017) Simulating the Impact of Crime on African American Women's Physical Activity and Obesity. Obesity. doi:10.1002/oby.22040.
- Lee, B.Y., Ferguson, M.C., Hertenstein, D. L., Adam, A., Zenkov, E., Wang, P.I., Wong, M.S., Gittelsohn, J., Mui, Y., Brown, S.T. (2017) Simulating the Impact of Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Warning Labels in Three Cities, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, ISSN 0749-3797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.11.003.
- Bartsch S.M., Asti L., Nyathi S., Spiker M.L., Lee B.Y. Estimated Cost to a Restaurant of a Foodborne Illness Outbreak. Public Health Rep. 2018:33354917751129.
Global Activity Map
The GOPC's activity map is an interactive tool that allows users to easily see our global footprint.
Country Ranking Tool
The GOPC's country ranking tool allows users to interactively compare overweight children, obesity and diabetes rates in adults, food security, life expectancy, income and physical activity levels in countries/ territories around the world.
Computational Methods & Tools
To tackle non-communicable and communicable diseases as well as other public health challenges, the GOPC uses computational modeling to build virtual representations of supply chains, neighborhood food environments, and other systems.
Redesigning the Process for Establishing the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA) is the primary federal source of consistent, evidence-based nutritional and dietary information for promoting health and preventing chronic disease. Redesigning the Process for Establishing the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, offers a comprehensive review of the rest of the process used to update the DGA.